Trouble to share with my 2 macs

Options
lionel1p
lionel1p
Community Member

I have 2 Macs (1 Imac on El Capitan and 1 powerbook 17"on Yosemite ) and I cannot open the Vault that I want to share with my other Mac. I did sync with dropbox from my Imac (with the vault icone and green mark) but the vault which appears on the PowerBook is a default folder and therefore it does not work. Both Macs have the same Apple account under my name.
Any idea how to make it work? Thank you.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Yosemite and El Capitan
Sync Type: Dropbox.

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @lionel1p ,
    Sorry to hear that you're having trouble synchronising via Drop box.
    Let's see if I can help …
    From your description, it sounds as if you have a primary and a secondary vault set up? (vault icon with green mark — the primary vault has a 1Password Icon and a blue circle?)
    Do you need 2 vaults? If so:

• First of all – on your iMac please check your 1Password Preferences/Sync and make a note of the folder and file the secondary vault is synchronising with.
    • Now go to your PowerBook and check that you are logged in to the same Dropbox account.
    • In 1Password Preferences/Sync, set syncing to 'None'
    • Now reset the syncing to Dropbox and search for the same folder and file that you wish to synchronise with.
    • Click this file to synch with it.

If you only need one vault:
    • First of all – on your iMac please check your secondary vault for entries.
    • If you have entires that you need in your primary vault, click each entry that you need (use the Command key to mark multiple entries) then go to the menu 'Items' and choose 'Share'
    • Move your cursor down across to 'Primary Vault' and choose 'Move'.
    • The selected items will now be moved to the Primary vault.
    After checking that the data was moved to your Primary vault, you can then go to '1Passwords' menu and 'Delete' the secondary vault.
    • Now go to your PowerBook and check that you are logged in to the same Dropbox account.
    • In 1Password Preferences/Sync, set syncing to 'None'
    • Now reset the syncing to Dropbox and search for the same folder that you wish to synchronise with.
    • Click on the folder to synchronise with it.

Your two Macs should now be in sync.

I hope that this helps. If not, please return to this thread and explain what happened.

Cheers,
    Rob

● Disclaimer: Please note that I am not a member of the AgileBits team.

• lionel1p
    lionel1p
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Rob. It is not working still. I have only 1 vault, the primary that I'm trying to share between those 2 macs.
    Question: Do I need to purchase another 1password for my Macbook to make it works?

Regards

Lionel

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lionel1p sorry to hear about the frustration you're having!

Just to confirm: Do you only have 1Password installed on one of the Macs? If that's the case then yes, you do have to install 1Password on the MacBook to make it work. There's no need to re-purchase it; if you bought a license from us you can use it on the new device, and if you downloaded from the Mac App Store you can just go to Purchased, find 1Password, and click Install to download it for free.

Once you've done that you can set up syncing on the new install and everything should be hunky-dory :)

• lionel1p
    lionel1p
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. All resolved. :)

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

My pleasure! Have a good one, and please let us know if we can help with anything in the future :)

This discussion has been closed.