iPad to Mac sync not working (using dropbox)

Options
dspriggs70
dspriggs70
Community Member

If I create an item in 1password mac, it will sync to my iPad. If I create an item on my iPad, it will not sync to my mac. I am using dropbox to sync and have the latest versions of 1password and operating systems.

Version information is attached.

I was not able to attach diagnostic reports for iOS and for my Mac are attached. I will attempt to reply and attach them.

Comments

• dspriggs70
    dspriggs70
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

I am not able to attach a file to this board. When attempting to upload the .zip (mac) and htlm (iOS) files: "file is not allowed".

• dspriggs70
    dspriggs70
    Community Member
    Options

I created a file on my iPad and saved it to dropbox. It synced fine with all other devices. This problem is unique to 1Password for me.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dspriggs70,

I'm sorry changes to 1Password on your iPad aren't syncing to 1Password on your Mac! We'll help you solve this one way or another.

Before we get to the troubleshooting, I wanted to mention that you should not post any Diagnostics Reports in these (public) forums. If it turns out we need to see a diagnostics report, we'll have you email it to us instead. Hopefully we'll be able to find a quick solution here, though. :)

So, if changes on your Mac are syncing to your iPad, that must mean the sync settings are correct (otherwise, sync wouldn't work in either direction). And it sounds like Dropbox is syncing other files correctly between your Mac and iPad (thanks for trying that!). In that case, I'd like you to try rebooting both your Mac and your iPad. Once they both restart, open 1Password on each one and allow the sync to complete. Once they have synced, does the new item you created on your iPad show up in 1Password on your Mac?

If not, please find one of those new items in 1Password on your iPad, tap the Edit button, and make a small change (for example, type a few characters in the 'notes' field). Tap Done to save the change. Does that cause the item to show up on your Mac?

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.