Problem with syncing attachment to Android 5.0 and 5.1.1

Options
schtaaf
schtaaf
Community Member

I got a new version of a document that I would like to store in 'Secure Notes' and I therefore deleted the old attachment and put a new one (with a different name) using my PC with English version of win 10.

I use Dropbox as a syncing device between my 4 devices, and it worked great with the other PC with similar OS.

But to my Android devices (both running Norwegian versions of the OS and therefore forced to run the Norwegian version of 1Password) the syncing of attachments did not work. The old one was not deleted and the new one was not copied.

What is wrong?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10, Android 5.0/5.1.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• peri
    Options

Thanks for getting in touch with us @schtaaf. Let's see what's going on here. :)

You mentioned that you're using the Norwegian version of 1Password. Can you clarify this? Are you simply referring to the localization settings on the device, or did you download the app from some app vendor other than the Play Store?

Also, I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports from your Android device and your PC:

---Android---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?android

---Windows---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?win

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• schtaaf
    schtaaf
    Community Member
    Options

I first bought 1Password on 17. July 2011 and bought a new version on 26. Sept 2014.

When I was upgraded to 6.01 in February 2016, I discovered that my versions on my Android Galaxy Telephone (S5) and Galaxy tab (Note 12.1) suddenly, and against my wishes, were Norwegians. I contacted Support on February 17. 2016 and asked how I could continue using the English version, and got an answer on 18. February 2016 telling me that this was not possible as long as the devices was localized.

Therefore I use English version on my two PCs with English version of Win 10 and Norwegian version on the Android devices. And this causes some trouble as the terms differ on the devices.

I will send Diagnostic reports to you.

Regards
    schtaaf

• peri
    Options

Thanks for the info, @schtaaf. We'll take a look and get back to you. :)
    ref: SER-56964-541

This discussion has been closed.