Need an additional information line in an address

kapagile
kapagile
Community Member

An identity created with 1password has an address field, composed of a street line, zip code, city and country.

How can I add an additional information line below the street? (Eg information about delivery point, building, location...)

Thanks,

Pete

1Password Version: 6.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@kapagile good question! You can add extra information by selecting the item, tapping Edit, then scrolling down and tapping "Add new field" when it appears after your address, the phone number fields, etc. You can call the section anything you'd like, and put anything you want in there :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

;) :+1:

• dloewenherz
    dloewenherz
    Community Member

I don't think this solves the problem for me. My business credit card has a Suite # associated with the address, but since there's no place for a second address line in the address field type, it doesn't get auto-filled when filling out credit card forms.

Could the address type get another line for additional address information? I think this is a common enough use case that there shouldn't need to be a workaround for it.

Cheers,
    Dan

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Dan ( @dloewenherz ),

I’m sorry that the solution suggested above doesn’t quite work for you. At this time, the address template only supports one address line. We’ve heard requests to change this, and I’m happy to let our developers know that you would like to see this as well.

For now, I would suggest including the suite number in the address’s first line if you would like it to fill. For example:

Suite 123, 1990 Anywhere Street or 1990 Anywhere St. Suite 123.

I know, it’s not perfect, but I hope it helps!

ref: OPM-1053

• dloewenherz
    dloewenherz
    Community Member

Appreciate it, thanks Megan!

• On behalf of Megan you are very welcome! Hopefully we can come up with a more natural solution in the future.

Ben

• jj3152
    jj3152
    Community Member

I'm also experiencing this and would very much appreciate the option for a second address line. It's overwhelmingly common in my area.

• Thanks @jj3152. I have a PO Box, so I feel the pain. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.