Blank dialog on launch after reboot

Scrittore
Scrittore
Community Member

(Mac App Store version)

For the past several months or so, whenever I reboot my iMac (5K Retina 2013) and launch 1PW, the attached blank dialog window appears in the center of my display. It serves no purpose, apparently, and yet there it is. Closing it and tapping the Dock icon or Mini button opens 1PW as normal.

Any ideas how to resolve this would be appreciated.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 631005
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:blank dialog on launch

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Scrittore,

I'm sorry you're getting a mysterious blank window when opening the 1Password app! Thank you for including the screenshot.

From your description and the screenshot of that window, this sounds like the same issue we've heard about from a couple other customers recently, but I don't believe we've been able to determine what causes that yet. We'd definitely like to figure it out though, so if you don't mind, a few more details about the problem might be helpful:

• Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password?
    • Is the blank window the very first thing you see when opening the 1Password app, or are you asked to unlock with your master password first?
    • Does this consistently happen the first time you launch 1Password after every time you reboot your Mac?
    • After closing that blank window, does it ever appear again before the next reboot?
    • Instead of opening the main 1Password app after the next reboot, try clicking the 1Password mini icon (in your Mac's menubar) and unlock it from there - does that work correctly? If so, and then you open the main app, do you see the blank window?
    • Is the 1Password app file located in the Applications folder? Is it inside any folders within that Applications folder?
    • The first time you launch 1Password after a reboot, do you click on its icon in the Dock? If so, do you single-click that icon, or do you double-click it?

Thanks in advance! :)

• Scrittore
    Scrittore
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

Thanks, Drew. Responses follow yours:

Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password?

Mac App Store version

Is the blank window the very first thing you see when opening the 1Password app, or are you asked to unlock with your master password first?

Yes, it's the first thing to appear, followed by normal operation.

Does this consistently happen the first time you launch 1Password after every time you reboot your Mac?

Yes, every time, and only after rebooting.

After closing that blank window, does it ever appear again before the next reboot?

No. Only the once.

Instead of opening the main 1Password app after the next reboot, try clicking the 1Password mini icon (in your Mac's menubar) and unlock it from there - does that work correctly? If so, and then you open the main app, do you see the blank window?

That works correctly. The blank window does not appear at any time afterward.

Is the 1Password app file located in the Applications folder? Is it inside any folders within that Applications folder?

Yes, 1Password is in the Applications folder, not inside any other folders.

The first time you launch 1Password after a reboot, do you click on its icon in the Dock? If so, do you single-click that icon, or do you double-click it?

I single-click on the Dock icon.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for that additional information, @Scrittore!

Please restart your Mac and open 1Password to produce that window. Then create a Diagnostics Report as soon as possible after the blank window appears. I'm hoping we will get a clue from the logs:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• Scrittore
    Scrittore
    Community Member

OK, thanks, mission accomplished as requested. The case ID is #KPU-35823-956.

One other thing I noted after rebooting is that 1Password appeared in the Dock displaying the "Open" indicator, which I found odd since I did not launch it after reboot. Maybe that has something to do with the mystery window?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2016

Hi @Scrittore

Thank you for writing in to us, we have received your mail and replied over there. We'll continue the conversation going via email :chuffed:

ref: #KPU-35823-956

This discussion has been closed.