Browser extension not working with Chrome

Red2
Red2
Community Member

Just purchased and installed 1Password for Mac (version 6.3.1). Browser extensions were installed and seem to work fine with Safari but not with Chrome. I get the following error message:

"1Password can't verify the identity of your web browser
For your protection, 1Password will only fill information in browsers that have been signed by identified developers.
If Google Chrome is not in the Applications folder, 1 Password may be unable to verify its identity. Please move Google Chrome to the Applications folder and try again."

However, Google Chrome is installed in my Applications folder. So I don't know what to make of this.

Using Mac OS X v 10.11.3, Safari version 9.0.3, and Chrome version 50.0.2661.94

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Red2: Normally my first guess would be that you have some other software interfering with communications between 1Password and Chrome...but since you mentioned the version number, I think your problem may be Chrome itself. It's on version 51 now, so you probably just have an update pending and need to install it and restart the browser. This will break extensions and also invalidate the code signature until the update is complete. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

• Red2
    Red2
    Community Member

@brenty: Thanks for the suggestion. I updated Chrome and now it seems to work normally. Much appreciated.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of brenty, you're most welcome, @Red2! Glad to hear that worked for you. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.