When I upgraded to 1 Password 6 I lost some data

jfcochranii
jfcochranii
Community Member

Recently when I upgraded to the 1 Password 6, I lost some data (logins, ids, notes, etc). That is they're still on my iPhone 1Password app, but not on 1 Password 6 on my computer (Mac laptop). And I can't seem to sync (using wifi), but that's another posting (unless someone wants to answer both these "issues" at once). Many thanks folks, jc

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:When I upgraded to 1 Password 6 I lost some data

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member

Hi @jfcochranii ,
    Sorry to hear that you are missing some passwords after updating to 1Password 6. This is unusual to say the least.
    Are you sure that you are viewing 'All Vaults' on your Mac (top left menu in the 1Password window)?

I would suggest the following, if you are sure that some data is missing.
    Set up your iPhone to sync with Dropbox.
    Then synch your Mac to sync with Dropbox too.
    This should restore all passwords to your Mac. If the synchronisation is successful, you can then decide whether to keep your devices synchronised via Dropbox, or to return to WiFi sync.

Cheers,
    Rob

● Disclaimer: Please note that I am not a member of the AgileBits team.

• jfcochranii
    jfcochranii
    Community Member

Hey Rob,
    Thanks SO MUCH! This did the trick. I'm all connected, synced up (not sure if I really was before), and all "happy camper".

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that rjh's suggestion helped. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.