Convert from family license to family account?

Options
dasv001
dasv001
Community Member

I purchased the family license in agile bits store several years ago, and it's at the current version. I pay for the upgrade whenever needed. I have also purchased the pro add ons for my IOS app.
Converting to a family account instead would mainly ease the sync process as I understand it. (I don't want to have my vault in dropbox or iCloud, so there is a problem with easy sync for the iPhone. Am I supposed to start paying per month directly with the same program version as I already have bought, or is there an upgrade plan from family license to family account?
Best regards
Dag

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:family license

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dasv001: I'm sorry for the confusion! Your license never expires and you can continue using the version you purchased for as long as you wish without paying anything else.

However, 1Password Families is a new service, and if you'd like to use it to simplify setup and sharing for you and your loved ones, it is a separate purchase. As you can imagine, creating it in the first place had a cost, and the ongoing development as we add new features and improvements on a regular basis (153 releases so far) aren't cheap either. We're not able to work for free, and there are hosting and maintenance costs as well.

Additionally, the old "family licenses" were for specific platforms, so it's a bit different than what you get with 1Password Families: access to 1Password across all platforms (and also in your browser).

That said, you get a free trial of 1Password Families to decide if it's a good fit for you and your family, and if you contact us at support+licenses@agilebits.com with your receipt (I don't see any records under this address), we'll see if there's anything else we can do to help. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.