Trouble with Verizon login

Options

When logging into Verizon using 1Password installed in Chrome, I get the message that the password is incorrect. If I then enter the 1Password app and cut and paste the password from the Verizon Login, it works. Other logins seem to be OK.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:wrong password on login

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @BShotwell,

Just an FYI, I've moved your thread to our Saving and Filling in Browsers forum as we use the same extensions on both Windows and Macs.

Can you first disable the auto-submit feature temporarily to see if it will work Verizon? Some sites do not like the auto-submit process as soon as it is done filling.

To do this,

1. In Chrome, click on the 1Password icon and go to Settings to deselect the Auto-submit Logins
    2. Try logging in with Verizon and press the login button manually, does it let you login correctly?
  • BShotwell
    BShotwell
    Community Member
    Options

I think I resolved the issue. When I looked at my 1Password vault, there were two entries for Verizon, one of type Login, one of type Generated Password. When I took the Generated Password and added it to the Login, it worked.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BShotwell: Yesss! Excellent! Thanks for the update. It sounds like you changed the password on the website but not in the login saved in 1Password. I'm glad to hear that 1Password's password generation safety net came in handy! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.