To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to change my email address in 1Password

Mainely Rick
Mainely Rick
Community Member

I have really searched and cannot find where to change my email address with you folks. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2016

Hi @Mainely Rick,

Are you looking to change the email address you use to sign in to your 1Password Teams account? If so, you can do that from the Teams web app. Sign in to your account, click the Team menu in the top right corner and select My Profile. From there, you can edit your sign in details, including email address.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions we can assist you with. Cheers!

• Anderson4
    Anderson4
    Community Member

I would like to change the email address I used when I registered my 1Password account. I see that I can do that in the "edit" prompt but I'm thinking that I cannot do that and still log in? Also, although I'm not using the email, I can still use to log in but I'm concerned about receiving any email updates.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Anderson4: Definitely change your email address in that case. You can then login with the new one, receive updates, and update your account info in the apps and you'll be all set. Cheers! :)

• Anderson4
    Anderson4
    Community Member

Thank you. Seriously dumb Q now - where do I change this? Now, I cannot find the info. I opened 1Password on my desktop and looked in preferences.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Anderson4,

Not a dumb question at all! This is actually something you'll need to do from the 1Password.com site, not in the app. As Vee mentioned above, you can sign in to your account on 1Password.com, click the menu in the top right corner (where you see your account name), and select 'My Profile'. On that page, you can change your email address.

I'm sorry it wasn't clearer how to do that! If you have any trouble changing your email address or have other questions, please let us know. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.