Sync Server for Linux?

KennyFan
KennyFan
Community Member

I want to move my 1Password vault from Dropbox to my NAS. 1Password for Mac doesn't support network volumes for folder sync, and iOS doesn't support folder sync at all. I could use another sync solution to sync my local vault to my NAS, but my iPhone still requires WiFi sync. Because my Mac is almost never running when I use 1Password on my iPhone, it would almost always not be up to date.
I would like to see a cross platform 1Password WiFi-Sync server that could run on my NAS. A simple command line tool without GUI would be enough.
Is there currently any working solution for syncing vaults between Mac, iOS, and Windows using a local NAS and without using WiFi-Sync?

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@KennyFan: No. Network sync locations are not supported by 1Password. You may be able to get it working, but please do so as your own risk — and make copious backups! 1Password doesn't have any control over their behaviour (or availability), and this can have undesirable (and unpredictable) results. We also don't have a Linux presence in the first place. And while I hope that we might someday, you might want to check out 1Password Families instead, as that will help in both cases, since you won't have to sync the data yourself and can access it in the browser if needed. We're always evaluating other sync options, but I have to say, they are less and less appealing now that we have our own reliable solution which isn't dependent on the network environment or a 3rd party.

This discussion has been closed.