How do I create a second password for an established account with a first password already entered

mwbalbus
mwbalbus
Community Member

How do I set up multiple passwords for one website?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:How do I create a second password for an established account with a first password already entered

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2016

Hi @mwbalbus,

Thanks for asking about this.

You can save as many Login items for a site as you wish. When you log in with your other account, 1Password should automatically prompt you to save a new Login. However, that only works if you aren't using the same password for multiple accounts (which you should NOT be doing anyway; password reuse is one of the best things to avoid to keep your accounts safe online).

If you insist on using the same password for two different accounts, or you are not prompted to save a Login for any other reason, you can manually save a new Login item like this:

https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/

Let me know how it goes. :)

• mwbalbus
    mwbalbus
    Community Member

Khad,
    Thanks for the info. Worked perfectly. Not sure how my question was misconstrued as my using the same password at multiple sites - Why would I need your software if I only had one password to remember?
    Well, my memory isn't all that good, but at the moment, that's not my problem. Just want to be able to access multiple accounts at a single site, and usually I'm prompted to "remember" new user name / password combo's when I log in with one. This site wasn't prompting me, but your directions solved the problem. Thanks again!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mwbalbus

On behalf of khad, you're very welcome! I'm glad to hear that it all worked well for you! I have multiple accounts for several sites and have never had a problem, specially when I decided to give them distinctive enough names! I don't think that khad assumed you were using the same password for multiple sites, just thought about it and had the "better safe than sorry" approach about mentioning it. Whether it's you or someone else who finds your post might realise there's something that they could be doing better.

Please let us know if there's anything else that we can do for you, we're always here to help :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.