Can only log-in to iPhone 1PW one-time

Options
Dig_Doug
Dig_Doug
Community Member

My log-in works fine on my macs and my PC. But as of last week my log-in stopped working on my iPhone.

I've reinstalled 3 times with the same result each time. I can get into my vaults the first log-in. But beyond that, there is a 4 second delay after I enter 1PW password while the screen reads "Decrypting...", then I get the red bar and a message to "Please try again".

This is the same password I use on my macs and PCs, but that password does not work on my iPhone. I've tried the obvious - shift key, don't mistype - but no dice. Seems like something is corrupted.

Can you help??

1Password Version: Most recent
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.2
Sync Type: Family sync
Referrer: forum-search:Can only log-in to iPhone 1PW one-time

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Dig_Doug,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

It sounds like you've tried some of the steps in the "Recover your password section here already:

https://support.1password.com/master-password/#recover-your-master-password

I would recommend trying all of them if you haven't yet. If you're still having trouble, you can proceed to the next section to recover using another device.

If you get stuck following the steps, let me know where you are stuck. I'm happy to provide further assistance if necessary. :)

Cheers!

• Dig_Doug
    Dig_Doug
    Community Member
    Options

@khad, I've not tried to Recover my master password as my password works fine on my Mac, PC and on my family's 1password.com site.

I've gone to the next step... 'Starting over w/an Empty Vault'. That does allow me to log-in using my iPhone, but only one time. Once my 1PW on the iPhone logs out, it will not allow me to sign in again. Again, all my other devices can sign into my Personal vault fine.

I'm out of solutions for my iphone. Do you have a phone support line? Would rather do this over the phone.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Dig_Doug,

That does allow me to log-in using my iPhone, but only one time.

Could you please elaborate? What do you mean by "only one time?" Once you are signed in properly you shouldn't see the welcome screen anymore on any subsequent re-launches of the app... Is that what you're seeing? Each time you launch the app you get the welcome screen?

Do you have a phone support line?

I apologize but we do not. We'd be happy to help you troubleshoot this either here in the forums or by email. If you'd be more comfortable conversing via email please drop us a line at support@1password.com. In your message please include a link to this thread ( https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/315372/#Comment_315372 ). Also: after you send your message, you should receive an automated reply from BitBot with a support ID. Please post that here.

Thanks!

Ben

• Dig_Doug
    Dig_Doug
    Community Member
    Options

Yes! I finally figured it out @bwoodruff. It may be of use to your other users transitioning from a local vault to Family.

What was happening was my Local vault (synced through a cloud service) had one password, and family has a different one. So when I'd log in, I'd use the Master Password allowing me to get in once.

However, I've deleted the Local vault and unlinked it as I'm moving 100% to Family. That's key. I was no longer able to log in, because the 'Primary' vault (local) was no longer there. I was using that Local archive's password.

Good learning, but my fingers are tired from all that typing ;-)

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for clarifying that, @Dig_Doug! I totally understand how that change could trip you up, and I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I'm glad you mentioned the different Master Password thing, as it's something we can keep in mind when helping users transitioning from standalone (local) to Family vaults.

I'm glad to hear you were able to figure it out and all is well now, but you know where to find us if you should have any other questions. Cheers, and have a wonderful week! :)

This discussion has been closed.