1Password was deleted to install a new version, but the update failed. How do I get 1Password back?

Merril_Myers
Merril_Myers
Community Member

It was 2 or 3 weeks ago. I have not had time to deal with it since then. I was prompted on my mac to update 1Password, but when it started it said I had to remove old versions before I could complete the install. So I deleted the old apps (there were actually 2 that I could find), but when the install finished, I do not have a 1Password icon or app that I can find on my machine.

Interestingly, when I was registering on this site so I could post this question, I was prompted by 1Password to save my password. How is that possible? Is it running on my mac, but hidden somewhere? The version would have to be whatever was most current a couple weeks ago.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X Yosemite
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password was deleted for an update, but the update failed. How do I get 1Password back?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2016

Hi @Merril_Myers,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

If you purchased 1Password for Mac on the Mac App Store, you can download it again from your list of Purchased apps. Open the App Store app on your Mac, find 1Password in the list, and click Install.

Otherwise, you can always download a fresh copy of 1Password for Mac from our website:

https://agilebits.com/downloads

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help. :)

• Merril_Myers
    Merril_Myers
    Community Member

I didn't get it from the mac app store, and it took a while for me to figure out what kind of license I have, but i finally got it and was able to download a fresh copy.

Thanks.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Merril_Myers

On behalf of khad, you're welcome! I'm glad to hear that 1Password is up and running for you, but if you have any other problem or if there's anything else we can help you with, we're always here for you! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.