Vulnerability alerts appearing for every website

dloewenherz
dloewenherz
Community Member

Hi all,

As soon as I enter a website for my logins, the "Vulnerability Alert - Change Password..." red bar appears immediately at the top of the entry. This happens somewhat randomly, and often for sites of whether or not it's had a recent vulnerability. Here's just a sample of the websites it's appeared for:

• americanexpress.com
  • att.com
  • authorize.net
  • aws.amazon.com
  • google.com
  • etc.

When I click through the prompt to "Learn more" link, I'll see a page like this:

From looking at this summary, it's unclear why it's been marked as vulnerable. I'm also unable to find a public vulnerability from my searches online. The problem is that I'm now ignoring these red bars since so many of them are false positives. Is there a reason why these logins are appearing as vulnerable even when the watchtower site doesn't appear to corroborate that?

Thanks!
Dan

1Password Version: 6.3.1 (610006)
Extension Version: 4.5.7.b4
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5 (15F34)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @dloewenherz ,

I'm sorry you are having trouble with Watchtower. Can you check the modification date for your awe.amazon.com login item? Does it show a modification date before April 8, 2014?

I haven't seen other reports on this, so I wonder if something happened with your dates that would cause this. Also, check to make sure you Mac's clock is set correctly. If not, that could explain the issue. Watchtower works based on the modification dates of your passwords. If they weren't updated since the vulnerability for a site was fixed, then they'll show up as vulnerable.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• dloewenherz
    dloewenherz
    Community Member

Hey @ag_kevin,

Thanks for getting back! All were imported on June 29 when I migrated from Passpack, but I've definitely changed most of my passwords since after April 8, 2014.

If you look at many of the other watchtower sites, they don't even mention the password change date. E.g., here's test.authorize.net:

Dan

• Hi @dloewenherz ,

Hmm… that indicates an issue with the watchtower database on your machine. I'd like you to try the following. Open 1Password and go to the Watchtower section in Preferences. Turn Watchtower off. Then turn it back on and click Update Now.

After that check to see if the items are marked as vulnerable. If they still are, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Regards,
    Kevin

• dloewenherz
    dloewenherz
    Community Member

Just emailed. Support ID: YBN-82779-897

Thanks!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dloewenherz,

We received your Diagnostics Report, thanks for sending it! I'll update the email thread with details from this forum discussion so it's easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible with more information, and we'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there.

ref: YBN-82779-897

This discussion has been closed.