1Password does not fill in correct ID and Password on Amazon login.

Options

I changed my e-mail address in Amazon, went through the change process to change the password, and saved everything in 1Password. Then I logged out of Amazon, and tried to log in again. The system filled in wrong information (e.g. it filled in old e-mail and password). The login failed. Then I manually typed in the correct e-mail address, and copy-pasted the password saved in 1Password. Then the login succeeded. The question is, why does it not fill in the right info at login? I have disabled autofill features in my Chrome browser. It is apparently autofilling the old info in preference to 1Password, and I cannot figure out from where. Any help will be appreciated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password does not fill in correct ID and Password for Amazon login

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kekid

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password and Amazon. I'll move your post to our "Filling and saving in browsers" category so the right people will be able to see it and help you better!

Did you create a brand new login with the new data or did you update the existing one? It sounds to me like you created a new login for amazon, so you had two logins now. If you're using the keyboard shortcut it picks the old one. Is this the case? If this is what's going on, then deleting the old item should do the trick!

If there's a different issue, recreating the login and saving it manually from the login page often does the trick too! You can find out how to do it here: https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/

Please let us know what you try and what you find out! :chuffed:

• kekid
    kekid
    Community Member
    Options

Pilar, thank you for your suggestions. I figured out the problem. It has to do with how to disable autofill login's in Chrome. Simply unchecking the "Enable" box in Setup does not work. I had to go in details to see and edit all the autofill's. I deleted those for the Amazon login's and everything worked as expected. Thank you.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kekid

Thank you for letting us know that the issue was with the configuration of Chrome itself! I'm glad to hear that everything's working as it should now. If you have any other questions or need help with anything else, please don't hesitate to ask! :chuffed:

• kekid
    kekid
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Pilar,
    If I already have a login set up on a site before getting 1Password, how can I save it into 1Password? I have been doing it by changing the password, but that is cumbersome. Is there an easier way? I use Chrome.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kekid

You're right, there's a much easier way to save your password when you already have a login for a site. You only have to login manually to that site one last time and 1Password will prompt you to save it. It's a nice and easy process! If for some reason 1Password doesn't prompt you to save the login on a given site, then you can easily do so by following this instructions: https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/

Be sure to give your logins good names to help you find them later (I know I've been careless about that and ended up in trouble!).

Let me know how all this goes for you and if I can help you sort out anything else! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.