Setup my Family on iPhone's

Options
rtenbrug
rtenbrug
Community Member

Hello,

i have setup a family member account with 5 members incl. myself.
Everything is setting up fine on my Mac and (i think) working fine and understandable.

the problem is to setup the iphone's for my daughters.
my question is witch credentials im have to use for the phones.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: kb:undefined, ug:mac/, kb:undefined, kb-search:setup family member op iphone

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @rtenbrug,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

The sign-in address will be the same for everyone, as that refers to the 1Password Families account.
    Each person will have their own unique Account Key, Email Address, and Master Password. And each person should use the same information on each of their devices (Macs, iPhones, whichever). To make things a bit easier each person will have a unique QR code on their Emergency Kit that they should've printed out when creating their account. This can be used to speed setting up their account on each device (simply scan their respective QR code and then enter their Master Password).

If they did not print their Emergency Kit they can get their QR code from the web interface on their 'My Profile' page (https://your-family.1password.com/profile). They should then also print their Emergency Kit from that same page.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• rtenbrug
    rtenbrug
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

Thxs for your quick reply and explanation.

It's clear to my now what to do and again many thxs.

Brgds,

Ron (Amsterdam Netherlands)

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rtenbrug

On behalf of Ben, you're very welcome! If you have any other questions or need help with anything else, please don't hesitate to ask! :chuffed:

• jdc9750
    jdc9750
    Community Member
    Options

Maybe I am dense - I created a shared vault on my mac. My daughter has access to this vault in case of emergency.

My Iphone syncs via Dropbox to my primary vault. I have found that when I create a new entry to the shared vault (default) on my mac, it does not get updated on my Iphone. What am I missing?

• Ben
    Options

@jdc9750,

Have you added the shared vault to your iPhone?

How to share a vault using Dropbox

Ben

This discussion has been closed.