Nan27
Nan27
Community Member

Could not open 1Password today and said to contact AgileBits support

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iO X El Capitan, Version 10.11.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:[Tried to open 1Password and wouldn't open and said to contact Agilebits support (have used this application for a couple of years without a problem until today](https://discussions.agilebits.com/search?Search=Tried to open 1Password and wouldn't open and said to contact Agilebits support (have used this application for a couple of years without a problem until today)

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Nan27

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password! I would like to ask you for some details about what's going on so we can have a better picture of the problem. Did you get 1Password on the AppStore or directly from our store? Have you made any big changes on your computer recently? Some space cleaning software can mess up with installations, for example. Are you syncing your data to some other device like an iPhone or an iPad? Why exactly did it tell you it couldn't be opened?

I hope to hear back from you so we can get to the bottom of this and get 1Password back on its feet for you! :chuffed:

• Nan27
    Nan27
    Community Member

Since I have been using 1Password for several years I don't remember where I got it fro. I cleaned my computer recently but not syncing data to another device.

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member

Hi @Nan27 ,
    Sorry to hear that you're having problems opening 1Password. You write that you recently cleaned your computer.
    I wonder if you reinstalled 1Password from a backup? If so and your backup drive is still connected, 1Password may be seeing your backup as a second installation.
    Did you read the troubleshooting page regarding this problem. Perhaps the solution you are looking for is there?

I hope this helps, if not, return here and tell us what happened. The AgileBits team is just on their way to bed;) so they won't be around for a couple of hours.

Cheers,
    Rob

• Hi @Nan27 ,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble opening 1Password. I'd like you to give it one more try, and if you still get the same error, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Regards,
    Kevin

• Nan27
    Nan27
    Community Member

Not being able to get online for a few days, today when I tried 1Password had no problem at all logging in.

Thank you for your suggestion.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that all is well, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.