Multiple Users on One Computer

heinelg
heinelg
Community Member

I have purchased a license for 1Password 6 for each of my three computers. I have added a new user to one of these computers and would like that user to access my existing shared vault (via Dropbox) but when I try to start 1Password it says the key is invalid. Is this a normal use or must I have a separate license for each user on a computer?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.7
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @heinelg,

You wouldn't need to purchase a separate license for each user on the computer. If you still have the email with your license details in it, you can simply click the "Click here to license 1Password" link in each user account to license it. If you don't have that email you can request it be resent via the "lost my license" section of https://support.1password.com

Rudy

• heinelg
    heinelg
    Community Member

Thanks!

After doing that I still got an invalid key message, but after installing Dropbox for the new user I was able to use the existing keychain file without logging in and everything is working now.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @heinelg,

I’m so glad to hear that things are working - thanks for letting us know!

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.