OS X - iOS - Windows - Combining Folder and Wi-Fi Sync

notjackbauer
notjackbauer
Community Member

Using the latest version of 1Password, not interested in joining Dropbox, and using 1Password standard (not Family or Team)... I need to sync or access my vault from one OS X, one iOS, and one Windows 10 desktop device.

I know that Wi-Fi sync only works from [OS X to Mobile] or [Windows to Mobile].
I know that folder sync only works from [OS X to Windows] or [OS X to OS X].

Is it possible to combine these so that I can basically have the same password vault on all three devices? Or is it one or the other method?

My thought is to use folder sync for [OS X to Windows] and then Wi-Fi sync for [OS X to Mobile] however I'm not sure how I'm supposed to configure both folder sync and Wi-Fi sync on that same, single OS X device.

Again I'm not using team/family version and not willing to register/install DropBox on my devices. So simply put, how do I have the same password vault on all three devices?

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @notjackbauer,

Thanks for writing in to ask about syncing between OS X, Windows, and iOS!

If you don't want to use Dropbox to sync your data, and you don't want to sign up for a Teams/Families account, then a combination of the Folder and Wi-Fi sync options is your next best bet. The Wi-Fi sync option can be enabled at the same time as one of the other sync options, so it will be no problem to have both enabled on your Mac at the same time.

Setting it up should be fairly straightforward:

• Set up Wi-Fi sync between your Mac and iOS device: Wi-Fi Sync
    • Set up Folder sync on your Mac: Folder Sync
    • On your Windows PC, open the new sync file you synced from your Mac

Does that help? If you have any trouble getting that all set up, just let us know. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.