Missing logins on Mac

lncadell
lncadell
Community Member

Hello,

I just launched my 1Password and noticed several logins and secure notes are missing. When I signed in there were a few questions about using rich icons and when to lock the app after being idle, but I don't recall there being an update or anything. Not sure what went wrong.

Thanks,
Lauren

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:missing logins

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lncadell,

Sorry to hear you're having an odd problem with 1Password! I'm sure we can figure this out one way or another.

When I signed in there were a few questions about using rich icons and when to lock the app after being idle, but I don't recall there being an update or anything.

Those sound like the options you should see the very first time you open & set up 1Password. Did you install it on a new Mac? If you're using it on the same Mac (and on the same OS X user account), have you downloaded a new copy of the 1Password app at all recently? Or have you installed any OS X updates? Have you used any app cleaning tools on that Mac recently?

Is it possible you have both the AgileBits Store and Mac App Store versions of 1Password installed at the same time? Try looking in the Applications folder on your Mac - do you see more than one copy of the 1Password app? If so, what is each one named? If you open each of them, does one have all your data?

You mentioned that you use iCloud to sync your 1Password data. Do you use 1Password on other Macs or iOS devices? If so, do they have all your latest data?

Thanks in advance! :)

• lncadell
    lncadell
    Community Member

@Drew_AG ah YES, I have both installed. One is 1Password and the other is 1Password 6. I found everything I need in 6, thank you =D

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news @lncadell! I'm glad it turned out to be a simple case of having both the AgileBits Store and Mac App Store installed.

The one named 1Password 6.app is the AgileBits Store version, and the one named 1Password.app is the Mac App Store version. If all your data appears in the AgileBits Store version, you can simply drag the Mac App Store version to the Trash (just make sure you don't use any app cleaning tools when you do that, as they might accidentally delete your data along with the app file).

You should be all set, but if you have more questions or run into any trouble, just let us know - we're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.