Why am I unable to edit existing entries / add entries to my Dropbox Sync'd vault?

Options

Using both Dropbox and Teams for syncing vaults. Sometimes along the way I noticed I could not make changes to the dropbox sync'd vault. There's a working Edit button, but in Edit mode the Save button is disabled. The add button is always disabled.

I saw an earlier discussion regarding Edit not being available in the Windows Beta, but thought it was out of Beta now...

I'm doing the same thing on a Mac (Teams and Dropbox Sync) and am still able to edit both...

Do I need to do something to enable edits on the dropbox side?

thanks.

1Password Version: 6.0.161u
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox and Teams
Referrer: forum-search:dropbox can't edit

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pj_gpg: I'm sorry for the confusion! The 1Password 6 beta is focused on 1Password Families/Teams since 1Password 4 does not support that, and it has only read-only support for OPVault and AgileKeychain local vaults. You'll need to use 1Password 4 if you want to manage local vaults. Is there a specific reason you're trying to use both?

• pj_gpg
    pj_gpg
    Community Member
    Options

Company I work with is signed up for Teams and I'm using Dropbox syncing to sync with my wife (we both have licenses so doesn't make sense to sign up for a Family account).

I thought the windows app was out of beta... that would explain why it's not fully featured yet...

I'd like to suggest that you disable the edit button on dropbox synced entries so that it doesn't give the impression that things are editable (similar to how the Add button is disabled when that vault is selected).

Are there issues with running both 1P6 and 1P4 at same time? Other than the browser extensions not knowing which one to use?

thanks.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @pj_gpg,

I thought the windows app was out of beta... that would explain why it's not fully featured yet...

It is not, it's still a beta. However, there may be confusion over this because we had to rename it to 1Password in the Windows Store to change our versioning scheme.

I'd like to suggest that you disable the edit button on dropbox synced entries so that it doesn't give the impression that things are editable (similar to how the Add button is disabled when that vault is selected).

This was a bug that we've fixed already. Here's what it looks like in the latest desktop beta:

I would recommend switching over to our desktop beta here: https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/0cb99692bcdb47abb89fad56dfd56d0c

• smith9
    smith9
    Community Member
    Options

I just deleted 1Password 4 after installing 1Password 6, then went to edit an entry and then spotted this issue that I cannot edit dropbox vaults.

Seems an awful long time for a product to be in beta...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@smith9: We plan to keep having beta until we run out of features to add and improvements to make...so that may be a while. But I think we only released the first beta in July or so. ;)

But we'll also continue to have stable releases too. I'm sorry that full local vault support hasn't made it into a public release yet, but we're getting closer!

This discussion has been closed.