Trial expires...

ericfitucci
ericfitucci
Community Member

Hi,
I've purchased the PC version and have been using it for a three weeks.
Downloaded the mobile app on my phone and synced it with my PC 1password.
I'm getting a message on my phone that the free trial expires in 4 days.
Why?

Comments

• ericfitucci
    ericfitucci
    Community Member

How do I get my Google login on a new device?

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member

Hi @ericfitucci ,
    I read your posts regarding your problems with 1Password and Android.
    You say that you get a message on your phone that your trial expires in four days. Unless you downloaded the beta version (and I haven't seen this message yet), you shouldn't be seeing this message as the AgileBits mobile apps are Freemium apps — the basic app is free, while the premium app can be activated with an in-app purchase.
    The only other thing that I can think of — do you have an app like Pushbullet that can send you messages from your PC. If so — you purchased the PC license, did you also apply it?

As for the question in your second post

How do I get my Google login on a new device?

You may have saved your Google login in 1Password?
    As 1Password is still functional on your devices, you should be able to retrieve it from there. Failing that, Google has password retrieval options — when you go to login, you will see the option "I forgot my password".

I hope that this helps, otherwise the AgileBits staff will be around in a short while, to help further.

Cheers,
    Rob

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member

Hi @ericfitucci ,
    Please check my combined answer to both your posts in your first post.

Cheers,
    Rob

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ericfitucci ,

1Password for Android is free to try for 30 days without limitations, giving you the opportunity to try all its features and really get a feel for the application. After this time, if you want to continue having access to all of its features, you need to use the in-app purchase and unlock the Pro features.

Please do note, however, that its Reader functionality and fingerprint access will remain free. To add, edit, organize and favorite items, you need to use the in-app purchase and unlock the Pro features.

With regards to your Google login question, can you please clarify whether you are trying to get this information from within 1Password or if you are trying to configure a new Android device using your existing account?

Also, thanks to @rjh for helping out!

Cheers,
    Daniel

• ericfitucci
    ericfitucci
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick reply. @rjh & @DanielP
    In regards to the Google Login question:
    When activating a new Android device, you are required to login to your Google account.
    How do I retrieve my Google account password on my mobile device with no access to my 1Password app?

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni

I see what you mean now @ericfitucci . I guess this is one of those cases where you need to enter the password manually. You mentioned you did sync with your PC so you should have access to all of your information anyway.

The fact is, this is a typical chicken and egg problem: you need 1Password installed to retrieve your Google account password, but you need the Google password in order to access the Play Store to download 1Password :dizzy:

Please let me know if there is anything else we can help you with ;)

This discussion has been closed.