How to replace site license in the same machine

tanukiti1987
tanukiti1987
Community Member

Now I'm using 1 password with site license. But I'll go out to other company.

So I'd like to ask you that how to replace site license with same MacOS.
I should just delete 1Password.app, and re-install?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:site license transfre

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tanukiti1987

Let me see if I understand correctly: you're using 1Password on your company's computer, but you'll change companies so you'll change computers, is this correct? If this is the case then you need to make sure you've made a backup of your 1Password data and then fully delete everything from the computer you're leaving behind (without your Master Password even if you leave your data nobody will be able to access it). When you have your new computer you need to reinstall the app and then apply your license. I've resend your license in case you need it.

Please let me us know if this helps you and if there's anything else that we can help you with :chuffed:

• tanukiti1987
    tanukiti1987
    Community Member

Hi @Pilar

I'm sorry for pour English...

Thank you for resending my license.
    But It's for my private mac. My concern is company's compute with using site license.

I'll change company, but does not change company's computer.

So I'd like to ask you...

• Should I have to buy new companies site license?
    • If yes ↑, can you tell me how to re-set site license in the same computer.
  • Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tanukiti1987,

Your English is better than I could do in any other language, so thank you very much!

can you tell me how to re-set site license in the same computer.

To replace the license on your company computer, double-click the new license file. This will replace the license that is already there.

Should I have to buy new companies site license?

If the company is using 1Password, then they should have a license of their own. Is this your company?

• tanukiti1987
    tanukiti1987
    Community Member

@Megan

To replace the license on your company computer, double-click the new license file. This will replace the license that is already there.

Thank you. It's very helpful for me.

If the company is using 1Password, then they should have a license of their own. Is this your company?

OK. I think that makes sense.

I'm just employee on new company. And I'm in charge of software license managements on it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tanukiti1987: And to be clear, if you have a 1Password license of your own, you don't need to switch licenses. You're entitled to use your own licensed version on all of your Macs, whether for work or personal use. It's yours, after all. I think that makes things simpler for a lot of us. Cheers! :)

• tanukiti1987
    tanukiti1987
    Community Member

@brenty

You're entitled to use your own licensed version on all of your Macs, whether for work or personal use.

That's great news for me. Thank you for all. I solved license problems :chuffed:

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tanukiti1987

On behalf of Brenty, you're welcome! I'm glad to hear everything's clear now, but if you have any other questions or there's anything else that we can help you with, we're here for you! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.