Can't edit members "Error: Failed to get person. null is not an object"

Options
mbeech
mbeech
Community Member

I can't edit family members in the webinterface. There's an error message and then it logs me out.
Error
Failed to get person.
null is not an object (evaluating 'n._currentElement')

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mbeech: Can you tell me the browser version you're using and the exact steps you're taking when this happens? If there's a bug there, we definitely want to squash it. Thanks in advance! :)

• mbeech
    mbeech
    Community Member
    Options

Chrome Version 51.0.2704.106 (64-bit)
    Firefox Version 47.0
    Safari Version 9.1.1 (11601.6.17)

I log in to the website familyname.1password.com

go to /admin/people/members

click on any name

then error message pops up

after closing the error message and clicking ANY link I’m logged out.

when I try to immediately log in again, the error message pops up again, I guess because the URL to the member page is still the target.

• krauseboys
    krauseboys
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here while trying to designate another family member as "Family Organizer."

• krauseboys
    krauseboys
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here, too!!!

• patrick_b
    patrick_b
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. Safari (current) OSX.

trying to help a family member who sent me instructions to recover her account, and keep getting the above error after logging in and clicking on her name. Then I try to do anything else and it makes me login again. Then the same cycle.

• tpickett66
    tpickett66
    Community Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hey, I joined the forums to report this very issue!

Here is a screen capture of the issue happing on OS X using Chrome 51.0.2704.103 (64-bit): [redacted]

Edit: I realized the screencast included email addresses, I'd be happy to send it to an AgileBits employee if it would help.

• Paul Applegate
    Paul Applegate
    Community Member
    Options

Add me to the list.
    Error
    Close
    Failed to get person.
    Cannot read property '_currentElement' of null

Chrome 51.0.2704.103 (64-bit) OS X

• zigg
    zigg
    Community Member
    Options

I was just trying to make my wife a family organizer and ran into this same issue ("Failed to load person, n is null" on Firefox). I'm guessing it's widespread at this point.

• roustem
    Options

Thank you for the letting us know!

I was able to recreate this problem in my personal account and we will get it fixed asap.

• roustem
    Options

We deployed a new version a few minutes ago and the problem should be now be fixed. If you currently have the 1Password Admin Console open, please make sure you refresh the page to get the new version of the web app.

• nolanegly
    nolanegly
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @roustem

Hopefully the fix already took care of this scenario, but wanted to mention just in case. I was receiving the error "Failed to get person. n is null" when clicking an email link to approve a new family member. After hitting "close" I would be signed out, but the "Sign in" button was disabled even after my password was entered. I would have to reload the page to re-enable the sign in button. I ran into the problem around 22:48 CDT on July 6th.

I was able to approve the new member by ignoring the email, logging in, and approving within the web app.

• rob
    Options

Sorry, guys. This was my fault. Thanks to @roustem for finding and fixing it! The fix is live now.

• mbeech
    mbeech
    Community Member
    Options

Everything's working again. Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @mbeech!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.