Google Two Factor Codes not appearing

blfarris
blfarris
Community Member

I recently set up 1Password as my two factor authentication tool per https://support.1password.com/one-time-passwords/

When I went to use it Google asked for the authenticator code, but it didn't appear in 1Password.

Am I doing something wrong? Is 1P not able to work with Google's authentication system?

Thanks for your help.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.7.90
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:two factor codes

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @blfarris,

Could you tell me what you mean by ‘it didn’t appear in 1Password’? For example: were you expecting to use a keyboard shortcut to fill the one time password, or do you not see the one-time password in your item at all?

This is where your one-time password should display in 1Password mini:

From there, you can click on the field to copy the password to your clipboard and then paste it into the appropriate field.

• blfarris
    blfarris
    Community Member

Megan;

Sorry I wasn't clear. The password I was trying to enter was on a pop-up window so I couldn't activate 1Password mini -- so I opened the full app and didn't see the codes there.

Oddly, as I write this I can see the codes appearing in the app and in 1P-mini so maybe I was just having some kind of a moment.

Let's assume this is working now...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @blfarris,

Well, I’m glad that the code is appearing now! Perhaps the entry was in edit mode earlier and the one-time password change had not been saved?

In any case, please do keep an eye on things, if you notice anything else odd about 1Password, we’re always happy to help.

This discussion has been closed.