How do I change the title of an item?

stewart_ch
stewart_ch
Community Member

Is there no way to edit the title of an item? I want to change the naming convention I used when I set up my account but it looks like I can't do that. My only option is to re-create all the entries... why would this be the case? The title doesn't seem like some crazy secure field that shouldn't be editable.

(Side note: I tried to attach an image to show you what I'm talking about and you image uploader is not loading correctly on the forum. I tried on Chrome and Safari)

Comments

• ness_harding7
    ness_harding7
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

Assuming you're using a Mac, this is what I found about items and editing them. Not sure if this is what you're looking for but I thought it might be a good start: Item Details On the left side there is more details about lists and such. Really hope this helps :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @stewart_ch,

I'm sorry you're having trouble editing the title of an item! Did the suggestion from ness_harding7 help?

It should be very easy to edit the title of an item: Just find that item in the main 1Password app and click the Edit button. Then you'll be able to edit the title (remember to click Save when you're done). You should also be able to edit an item from the 1Password extension / 1Password mini by doing the same thing.

If you're still having any trouble with that, please let us know. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.