Reset account login

Options
tom_lj
tom_lj
Community Member

Hi, I generated a password with 1password that didn't save for my 1password account and now I can't get back signin as I don't know what this is. How can I now change this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:how do I find my key, kb:undefined, kb-search:master password, kb:undefined, kb-search:sign in password

Comments

• ness_harding7
    ness_harding7
    Community Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Can you sign in to your 1Password account? If not, try this.

If you still can, have you tried looking in the Passwords category? I think they may all be stored in there. If that doesn't work this article should be helpful as well. Hope that helps! :)

• tom_lj
    tom_lj
    Community Member
    Options

@ness_harding7 it's not the password for my vault on the apps. It's the password used to login to the admin of my whole account. You know where you manage account subscriptions and stuff like that.

• ness_harding7
    ness_harding7
    Community Member
    Options

Ah okay, I see. To log in there I believe you need your Account Key and also your Master Password. If you can't remember your Account Key try this help page, if its the Master Password try this page instead. Also, if you have multiple 1Password accounts make sure you're using the right one, sometimes that can be tricky.

I hope that is what you're looking for, I'm sure one of the support team members will jump in if I'm wrong!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tom_lj,

Did the links that @ness_harding7 provided help you out? If you are unable to remember the Master Password for your 1Password account, you’ll need to start over with your 1Password account, as there’s no way for us to recover that information for you. Don’t worry though, the article has several other suggestions that might help before we get to that point. :)

• tom_lj
    tom_lj
    Community Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

@Megan

Well, I asked support on email and they helped me find it under passwords so I have updated the login, in logins and all is good. :chuffed:

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tom_lj,

I’m glad to hear that you’re all sorted out - thanks for letting us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.