HELP! New passwords created from 1password wiped from program!

jordanpierson
jordanpierson
Community Member
edited July 2016 in Mac

Would be forever grateful if someone could help me solve this. I reset the passwords to all of my most important accounts using 1password but they seem to have been wiped. Please help!!

Below is a recount of what happened:
1) I paid for a license
2) downloaded the program to my mac
3) reset a few passwords (shouldn't have used such important accounts)
4) only then realized that I hadn't created an account
5) created an account, logged into it on my mac
6) all of the passwords I had reset using 1password for have been wiped and replaced with what my original passwords were

Please, please, please, tell me that my "new" 1password logins might be stored somewhere? Help!

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.7.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: forum-search:sdfsdf

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2016

Hi @jordanpierson

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password, and with the different ways in which it works. You can use 1Password in two different ways: with a license or with an account. If you have a standalone license then your data is stored locally on your device and you need to set up syncing to other devices by yourself. If you have an account then your data is stored on our servers and you don't need to set up syncing, all your logins are available right away without any extra effort. You can take a look at the different features of each of the options here so you can decide which one you would like to keep on using: https://1password.com/pricing/

You have started using both at the same time so my guess is your data is stored in one of the options and you're looking in the other. This forums are public, to avoid discussing private information here, would you please send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com? Please include a link to this thread in your email. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can connect the dots and help you better!

I hope to get your email soon so we can get this sorted out! :chuffed:

ref: VCR-78891-119

This discussion has been closed.