Invalid login information when using 1password for family on android app

Options
froland
froland
Community Member

I'm evaluating migrating from Lastpass to 1Password. I have signed up to the 1password for family free trial. 1password on Mac as well as the Chrome browser extension work perfectly. I was also able to import my whole Lastpass credentials successfully.
Now I'm trying to setup the android app.
I have tried by scanning the QR code and filling in my information manually, on the Android 6.3.3 app and on the 6.3.3b1. The result is always the same: after waiting 2-3 seconds, I receive an information message "Invalid Login Information. We are unable to verify your credentials. Please make sure your username, password, and account key are correct." Of course, I double-checked my credentials.
What can I do to sync my 1password app.

1Password Version: Android 6.3.3, 6.3.3b1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 5.1.1
Sync Type: 1password for family
Referrer: forum-search:Invalid 1password family login on android app

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hey @froland. Let's see what's going on here. :)

There are a couple of reasons your Master Password might be rejected on Android. First, if you have an special characters, the Android OS may be interpreting them incorrectly, causing the Master Password to be invalidated. If you have an special characters in your Master Password, please change the Master Password and replace them with characters in the US-ASCII charset.

Also, there's an open issue with trailing spaces in Master Passwords. If your Master Password ends with a space, 1Password on Android will reject it. If that's the case here, can you try removing the trailing space?

Let me know if either of those solutions helps. If not, I'll be happy to troubleshoot further!

• froland
    froland
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @peri.

I was actually using an accented character in my master password. Using one without that character did the trick. It is a bit disappointing that Lastpass manages the same password with accented characters without any issue.
    Anyway, I've got my answer.

Thanks a lot for your support.

• peri
    Options

I'm glad to hear that did the trick! Let us know if you need anything else in the future! :lol:

This discussion has been closed.