FireFox developer edition support

lessless
lessless
Community Member

Hello! Is FireFox developer edition supported by the standalone version of 1Password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lessless,

Thanks for writing in with your question! 1Password supports the latest stable build of Firefox (and other browsers), so we recommend using the stable build for best compatibility. However, it should also work with the developer edition of Firefox - just keep in mind that we can’t guarantee 1Password will always work perfectly with beta/dev/nightly builds of browsers because they could introduce changes that break compatibility and require an update to 1Password or to the browser itself. We have some more information in this knowledgebase article: Prerelease (beta, dev, nightly) browser builds

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have more questions or need anything else. Cheers! :)

• lessless
    lessless
    Community Member

Hi @Drew_AG ,

thank you for the prompt reply! How can I test 1Password consider I'm using Dashlane now? Should I uninstall it before installing 1Password?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lessless,

I'm really glad you're considering switching to 1Password! I don't think you should run into any direct conflicts between 1Password and Dashlane, but to avoid confusion, you might want to disable any automatic saving/filling features in Dashlane while testing 1Password.

We have a 30 day free trial of 1Password if you'd like to try that out first. You can sign up for a 1Password account and sign into that account from the 1Password for Mac app. Alternately, you can use the 1Password for Mac app without an account. Either way, you'll be able to try it free for 30 days. We have information about both options here: Find the 1Password that's right for you

For help getting started with 1Password for Mac, please check out our user guide (especially the "quick start" section) here: Welcome to 1Password for Mac

We're happy to help if you have questions about any of that - just let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.