what's an upgrade and do I need it?

pst333
pst333
Community Member

I recently upgraded my mac to El Capitan - I am running 1Password6 - all of a sudden it says my trial has expired, but I wasn't aware I was running a trial, since I already paid for 1password and have a license for it. When I put my license in the wizard it tells me there's a $32 upgrade available. But i'm not sure if I need that - what is being "upgraded" - is this what I have to pay to get support for El Capitan in non-trial status?

1Password Version: 1password6
Extension Version: 6.3.1
OS Version: OSX 10.11.5
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:upgrade

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pst333,

I'm sorry for any confusion about the Trial Expired message you're seeing. We have information about that here: If you see “Trial Expired” in 1Password

I tried searching our system for the email address associated with your forum account, and it looks like you have an old license for 1Password 2 for Mac, but not for version 4/5/6. If you think you may have purchased an upgrade to a newer version from the AgileBits Store under a different email address, you can have your license resent to you from the "I've lost my license" section at the bottom of our support site (or from the above knowledgebase article).

Or is it possible you purchased a newer version of 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store? In that case, we wouldn't have that information in our own system, but you can simply reinstall the Mac App Store version of 1Password (the "Trial Expired" message only appears for the AgileBits Store version). Just launch the Mac App Store, make sure you're signed in with the same Apple ID you used to make the purchase, and reinstall 1Password from the Purchased section.

If you never upgraded your 1Password 2 license to a 1Password 4/5/6 license and would like to do so, you can enter your license code on our Upgrade Store to see your upgrade discount.

Hopefully that helps to clear up the confusion, but if you have additional questions about that, please don't hesitate to let us know - we're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.