Login item disappeared after creation but showed up on iOS device after WiFi sync

iceout
iceout
Community Member

I created a new Item of type Login in the OS X App Store version 6.3.1 (631005) running on OS X 10.11.5

After creating it and saving it I edited it a couple times to update some notes on it.

Within maybe 10 minutes I looked at another item in the vault.

about another 15 minutes later I was looking for the new Item I created and it was gone completely. I searched for it and sorted by Date Modified and it was not there. My total items count was not indicating it existed either.

So I decided to sync with my iOS version 6.4.2 (642004) which DID NOT have this new item in it already and it did show up on the iOS device during the Sync. It did not however show up on the OS X version yet.

I closed the app on the Mac and restarted it and then it showed up in the vault on the Mac as well.

One other point to mention is during my attempts to find this item while it was missing I changed the sorted by to Date Modified and was trying to change it back to by Title and was unable to get the drop down box to appear.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.7.90 in Chrome
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: WiFi

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @iceout,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about the problems you ran into! Those sound like some very strange issues, and I'm struggling to think of possible explanations for them. It sounds like everything is fine now, so I'm not sure we'll be able to determine the exact cause. Has something like this ever happened before?

Is there any chance you have both the AgileBits Store and Mac App Store versions of 1Password installed at the same time? Each one keeps a separate database on a Mac, so if you opened the version which didn't contain the item in question, that would make it seem as if it had disappeared (and likewise, opening the version that contains the item would make it seem like it reappeared). If you open the Applications folder on your Mac, do you see more than one 1Password app in there? If so, what is the name of each one?

Out of curiosity, when you edited the item, and later when you were searching for it, were you editing/searching for it in the main 1Password app or in 1Password mini?

Are you able to reproduce the same problem if you create a new test item?

• iceout
    iceout
    Community Member

@Drew_AG

I do not have both versions installed. The App Store version is the only ver. installed on this computer.

I was not using 1Password mini in any way.

Replicating the issue has not been possible so far in the one attempt.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for confirming that, @iceout. I'm afraid I am rather stumped as to why that happened. I suspect it's just a one-time thing that shouldn't happen again - but if it does, please let us know and we'll be happy to continue looking into this. I'll also be sure to keep an eye out for other reports of a similar issue, just in case it has happened to anyone else. We appreciate that you took the time to report that problem! If you need anything else, we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.