where is menu bar for 1password on Mac? I click on the key icon but can't find it.

Mariekunimura
Mariekunimura
Community Member

Trying to increase time that 1password is open when you put in your password. I understand I need to go to menu bar/preferences/security to increase the time, but for the life of me I don't know where the menu bar is. I couldn't find it w/in my 1password icon. How do I get the menu? All I have on my computer is the 1password key icon.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:where is the menu bar for 1password?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Mariekunimura,

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble finding the Security/Auto-lock settings in 1Password! Is it possible you're clicking on the 1Password extension icon in your web browser's toolbar, or the 1Password mini icon in your Mac's menubar? If so, that's why you aren't seeing the menu - what you'll need to do it launch the main 1Password app (which should be located in the Applications folder on your Mac).

Once you launch the main 1Password app, your Mac's menubar should now show a 1Password (or 1Password 6) menu which is right next to the  menu in the top left corner of the screen. Click on the 1Password menu and choose Preferences. In the Preferences window, click on the Security tab, and that's where you'll see the Auto-lock settings.

In case it helps, we have more information about those settings in our user guide here: Security Preferences

Does that help? If you're still having trouble with that, please let us know and we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• Mariekunimura
    Mariekunimura
    Community Member

Thank you very much Drew! Exactly the help I needed!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! I'm glad that was helpful. Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.