Safari app has all of my passwords, but they aren't syncing with my 1password acct.

Options
theriverspath
theriverspath
Community Member

All of my password data is in my app for Safari and the 1password program on my mac, but none if it is syncing with my account. My 1password account shows 0 passwords, and therefore i can't access any of my passwords on my iPhone. I have looked everywhere for a solution and can't figure out how t make it sync. Help?

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: osx 10.11.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:safari app not syncing with account

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

HI @theriverspath

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password, we'll get you up and running in no time!

It sounds like either you have not added your account to the main app in 1Password, or if you added it you didn't move the elements from your local vault into your account. If you click on the upper left corner in the main app of 1Password, does it say "Primary Vault" or "Personal Vault"? Data stored in the Primary vault is not part of your account. If you can see the option "Personal" you need to move all your items there. If you can't, you need to add you account to the app first and then move the items. In either case, you'll find this migration guide very helpful: https://support.1password.com/teams-families-migrate/ !

Please let us know if you try this, and if everything goes well for you. If you bump into any problem in the process, we're always here to help you! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.