sort

corky38
corky38
Community Member

I have noted that 1Password does not use ASCII for sorting (ie. special characters [#,-,%, etc]) and numbers are sorted to the bottom. It would be most helpful to have these sorted by ASCII. Also, on certain websites I have multiple logins and it is helpful if these were sorted by ASCII or at least alphabetically in the mini pop-ups, etc.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 6.3.1
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:sort

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @corky38,

Thanks for writing in about that! You're right - by default, 1Password sorts alphabetically first, and then by numbers and symbols. However, there's a setting you can change so numbers and symbols are shown first, before letters:

• Open the main 1Password app (unlock with your master password if prompted).
    • Go to 1Password > Preferences in the menu bar, then click the Advanced tab.
    • Click the box next to "Show numbers and symbols first" to enable it with a check mark.

Now when viewing your item list by title, those that start with numbers or symbols should be listed at the top.

Does that help? If you have any trouble with that, please let us know. Cheers! :)

• corky38
    corky38
    Community Member

Perfect. I had missed the Advanced tab, my dyslexia and senility. Thank you. Makes life better.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're quite welcome, I'm glad I was able to help make your life better! :)

We're always happy to help, so please let us know if you have more questions or need anything else. Take care!

This discussion has been closed.