I used the Password Generator but didn't save the PW. Have I lost the PW or did 1PW save it

Steve_Lawson
Steve_Lawson
Community Member

While creating a pw using the Password Generator for a new website I encountered problems with the site and failed to save the new pw when 1PW issued the prompt to save. I thought the Generator saved all its passwords regardless of whether I opted to create a login. If that's true can you tell me where those generated passwords are located?

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I used Password Generator but didn't save it. Is it lost forever

Comments

• Hi @Steve_Lawson ,

1Password does save the password as soon as you click the copy or fill button beside the password field. It is saved in the "Passwords" section and not in the "Logins" section.

My advice is to open the 1Password app, and click on "All Items" and set the item list to sort by Date Modified. Then it should be near the top of the list.

If you still do not see it, and you have more than one vault, check each vault. 1Password will save the password in whichever vault is chosen at the time. If you have "All Vaults" selected, then it will save it in the vault that is set in the "All Vaults" Preferences in "Vault for Saving."

I hope this helps. Please reply if you still have trouble.

Regards,
    Kevin

• Steve_Lawson
    Steve_Lawson
    Community Member

Thanks Kevin, I had the all items but missed the sort. :|
    Everything is back to normal.
    Steve

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi Steve ( @Steve_Lawson )

I'm glad to hear that you've recovered your password and everything's as it should be! On behalf of Kevin, you're very welcome!

If there's anything else that we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.