1Password not working on any Browser (latest version, Windows 10, Chrome, Firefox, IE 11.162.10586)

PyroFa
PyroFa
Community Member
edited July 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

Hey there,

please help me with my problem. I´ve performed an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 2 weeks ago. Since then 1Password extension is not working in any of my browsers.

Strange thing, this problem only occurs on my work device. On my home pc everything is running smooth.

I´ve already tried to uninstall the browser extensions, uninstalling 1Password itself, reboot and install all of them again. Problem still persists.

Restarting the 1Password Helper also doesn´t show any effects. Opening 1Password via shortcut (Ctrl + #) works fine.

Antivirus Solution is Sophos Endpoint Security & Control.

Thanks for your assistance!

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Firefox: 4.5.7, Chrome: 4.5.7.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@PyroFa: I'm sorry for the trouble! There are a few possibilities here. Worst case scenario, you've run into a rare Windows 10 bug that results in damaged permissions, and will need to create a new user account. But before we go there, there are a few other things to check.

Your "security" software may be interfering. It may not have been before, but there could have been an update — either just coincidental timing, or because you moved to Windows 10 — that changed things. Be sure to follow the steps in this guide to configure it:

Configure Sophos for 1Password

If you're still having the same troubles, are there other differences between your two machines? When you restart Helper, does 1Password tell you it was successful? Can you see 1Password in the notification area and running in Task Manager? Are you also able to open the main 1Password app? Please let me know what you find!

• PyroFa
    PyroFa
    Community Member

@brenty Configuring localhost as an allowed website was offering working browser extensions. My problem is solved. Thanks for your support!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You're totally welcome! I'm glad to hear that did the trick. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.