Close 1Password When Firefox Closes (?)

Homer
Homer
Community Member

Maybe I'm remembering things incorrectly, or confusing things between the Mac and Windows versions of 1Password (I use both), but I seem to remember 1Password having an option to "lock" when the Firefox browser was closed. At least on my iMac (Yosemite) I can't seem to find an option to have this accomplished.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.3.1 (631006) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.5.7
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Homer,

Our lock settings have been simplified lately. I seem to recall a setting like the one you’re mentioning, but I can’t recall which version it existed in, or if my mind is just playing tricks on me.

In any case, this is not an option in 1Password 6 for Mac. 1Password can lock when you close the main app or when the screensaver is activated. (All of your locking options will be found in 1Password’s Preferences > Security). And it’s also good to note that, ff you would like to lock 1Password at any time, you can do so using the shortcut: ⌘⌥⌃L ( Command-Option-Control-L ).

I hope this helps!

• Homer
    Homer
    Community Member

Thanks Megan. It's still an option in the latest Windows version so I was looking for it in the Mac version (just did a clean install of Yosemite over last weekend). At least I now know that senility isn't setting in. Love 1Password, and the support is the best ! ! !

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Megan, you're very welcome! I'm glad she was able to help confirm that senility isn't setting in. :lol:

Thank you for the kind words about 1Password and our support! Customer service is a very high priority for us, so I'm glad to see it shows. If you have more questions or need any help with 1Password, please don't hesitate to let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.