1PW stopped working w/ Safari

Safari 7.0.3, 1PW 4.4.2, Safari Extension 4.5.7, OSX 10.9.2

No longer fills any info (username, passwords etc.) on any website. I can copy/paste info from 1PW into browser, so the info is correct. I have reinstalled 1PW and the extension; run Disk Utility to repair Permissions, verified HD, re-started Mac; disabled all Safari extensions except 1PW.
1PW works fine w/ Firefox.
Any ideas why this started happening?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• margeau
    margeau
    Community Member

Hi @tofu4brains,

I had a similar experience, but with one login only (Ebay in Safari). I looked it up here on the forum and found that another user had solved the problem by deleting the login and recreating it. I tried this and it solved my problem. However, if you have a number of passwords that will be way too cumbersome.

I notice that you are not running the latest version of 1Password or Safari. I don't know if that could be the root of the trouble, but it may be worth upgrading to see if it resolves things. 1Password 6 may be a free upgrade for you and of course Safari is.

I hope you get things working again soon.
    Margeau

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tofu4brains: I'm not certain, but it's likely that you're running into an incompatibility between that old version of Safari and the current 1Password extension. These aren't designed or tested with legacy OS, browser, and 1Password versions, so updating is the only way to make sure that you're getting the benefit of the work we're doing there. And of course a 1Password for Mac version 4 license is also valid for version 6.

Merely updating to the latest version of Mavericks and Safari 9 should help though, as it appears to be working there just fine. 10.9.5 was released almost 2 years ago, so it's probably safe to say that it's time. However, I can't stress enough the importance of keeping up to date to take advantage of security fixes, if nothing else. And any Mac that can run Mavericks can run El Capitan; and most will be able to upgrade to Sierra this autumn as well. Cheers! :)

• tofu4brains
    tofu4brains
    Community Member

I'd been using 1PW and its extension with no problems up until a week ago and don't recall what might have changed in Safari to cause this break. I won't be updating OSX Mavericks due to incompatibilities with old software/hardware for now, so I'm resolved to switching to Firefox. Thanks for your inputs - at least 1PW still works fine.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, I understand. No problem! We're here if you have any other questions. Have a great weekend! :)

• tofu4brains
    tofu4brains
    Community Member

Update: I managed to get Safari 7.0.3 working again w/ 1PW by reinstalling Safari extension v.4.5.1 - it seems v.4.5.7 was the problem. Oddly, I don't seem to have other versions between those two. Anyway, I am now happy again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that you were able to use an earlier extension with the old version of Safari. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.