can I use a single license for a Mac desktop, Mac laptop, (2) iPhones and an iPad?

loujurkowski
loujurkowski
Community Member

I use a lot of devices wherever I go. Can I buy a single license for 5 devices: desktop, laptop, (2) inputs and an iPad?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can I use a single license for a desktop, laptop, (2) iPhones and an iPad?

Comments

• margeau
    margeau
    Community Member

Hi @loujurkowski,

1Password makes it really easy to use on all our devices. The Pricing page of their web site says, "Install 1Password on as many computers and devices as you own, whether at home or at work."

I thought that I read somewhere that the license is either good for the Mac OR PC desktop/laptop platform, but that doesn't seem like it will be an issue for you.

Syncing over WiFi is especially easy in the Apple ecosystem in my experience.

I hope that helps,
    Margeau

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @loujurkowski,

Thanks for taking the time to post your question here in our support forum!

Margeau was on the right track, but I have a small correction: a single desktop license for 1Password now works on as many Mac and Windows computers as you own. (@Margeau, you may well have read that somewhere on these forums though, as our licensing model changed in March. Before that, we sold licenses separately per platform, so one could have a Mac license or a Windows license or both. It was kind of confusing, so we made the change to simplify this for folks. :) )

1Password for iOS is free to download and use for as long as you'd like with basic features, with an optional in-app purchase to add Pro Features. If you choose to purchase Pro Features, you only need to do so once in order to use them on all your iOS devices with the same Apple ID.

These and more answers can be found in the handy feature chart on the Pricing page that Margeau mentioned.

Also on that Pricing page, you'll see 1Password Families. Even if you're just a family of 1, this subscription service is a great option for folks with multiple devices. It makes syncing really easy, especially if you want to organize your data into multiple vaults.

I hope this info is useful for you! Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with. :)

• loujurkowski
    loujurkowski
    Community Member

Okay, so my computers are covered with a single license. How about my mobile and iPad? Can they use the same license? I already bought the single license before you responded above...

• loujurkowski
    loujurkowski
    Community Member

Should I have bought 1Password Families instead?

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @loujurkowski,

Personally I prefer Families, but either way works; the choice is really up to you. As I mentioned above, the iOS app is free, but you can purchase Pro Features if you want to. One purchase will unlock Pro Features on each iOS device you use with that Apple ID.

A Families subscription includes free major upgrades, whereas a single license does not. Please review the information in my previous post, particularly the link to the Pricing page which shows a feature comparison of what you get with a single license vs a Families account.

If you do decide you'd prefer to get a Families subscription, we'll be happy to refund your single license purchase within 30 days of purchase. :+1:

• loujurkowski
    loujurkowski
    Community Member

Great! Can I easily transfer all the accounts already put into this subscription?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @loujurkowski

If you want to move into Families migrating is very easy! You only need to copy your items from your Primary vault into Personal, you'd be done in under a minute :chuffed: You can look at the details about migration here: https://support.1password.com/teams-families-migrate/

This discussion has been closed.