Father-in-law's older system

Options
MiddKid99
MiddKid99
Community Member
edited July 2016 in Families

Over the weekend I set up my in-laws with 1Password for Families (they literally carried around a piece of paper with their passwords written on it at all times). When setting it up, I used my mother-in-law's MacBook Pro. No problem.

I just screen-shared with my father-in-law tonight to get it up and running on his older iMac. He's running 10.7.5. It looks like I can download the legacy version 3 of 1Password...but before I do so, does that work with 1Password for Families? I'm assuming not. Is there any way to get 1Password for families up and running on 10.7.5?

Thanks.

Side note, I was trying to log into his account xxxxxx.1Password.com and it wouldn't connect. I tried on my computer too and it also wouldn't connect. Is there a connection problem tonight?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MiddKid99: Unfortunately 1Password 3 far predates 1Password Families (and Teams), and even development on it ceased years before. 1Password 3, 4, and 5 won't be updated to support it.

We had some maintenance earlier tonight, so it may be that's why you weren't able to connect, depending on the timing. You can always see the status of the main 1Password.com server at https://support.1password.com since that will always be available. I'm really sorry if that's what inconvenienced you!

On the other hand, it may have been something else entirely. I know that most browsers are not longer being updated on legacy OSes (including Windows XP and OS X Lion, among others), so it may be that the browser/version he's using is lagging behind security-wise. I'd say that Firefox may be the best bet, but again since it won't be receiving updates going forward it's likely that it will stop working in the future too as security vulnerabilities are found and the requirements are updated as a result.

Please check and see if you're able to connect now. It's working here, so if you're still having trouble, it will be some sort of software issue on your end that needs to be addressed. And let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.