Lost Master-Password - when trying to "start over" there is a bug in the screen

timmy74
timmy74
Community Member

Iam using the german version of 1password 6.3.1 with El Capitan. I lost my master-password. I tried to follow the instructions to start over. A window pops up that tells me, that I should type in a nummeric code. BUT here comes the thing: The window is not displaying properly, so I cannot see the information properly and cannot start over....The window cannot be resized, the size does not change when opening up 1passwort 100% etc. (see screenshot)

so I locked myself out. Any help is much appreciated!

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @timmy74

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble that you're having with starting over with 1Password. I would like to ask you to please try something, and let us know if it helps: change your computer to English, restart 1Password and try to do this process again. It looks to me like the text in the German localisation takes up significantly more space than in English, which is causing your problem.

Please let us know how this goes, and if changing the language works, so we can take a look at the issue from our side too! :chuffed:

• timmy74
    timmy74
    Community Member

Hi Pilar,
    thanks for this helpful work around. This one helped! So it works. Would be superb if you can work on a localization update with one of your future releases. Best Tim

• Hi Tim ,

We are aware of that issue and it should be fixed in the next update. Thanks for taking the time to let us know.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.