Prompted to find xxxx.com.agilebits.onepas

christianboyce
christianboyce
Community Member
edited July 2016 in Mac

I use a service called SumoMe which provides overlays on my website to let people join my mailing list, share my articles, etc. I have to sign into SumoMe on occasion (when it forgets I'm signed in). To do that, I type "sumome" and then the up arrow and this produces a box for name and password. I am not able to enter the information automatically with 1Password so I do it manually. Name is my email address. Password I have to go to 1Password to find-- using the Safari extension, I search for "Sumo" and then copy the password and paste it into the box. When I submit the log-in I get a big box asking "Where is 2xxxxxxxxx.com.agilebits.onepas?"

The box shows all of the Applications on my Mac (it seems-- I can't verify this because there are so many). But none of them are the one that is asked for in the dialog box. I click "Cancel" and eventually (slowly) the box goes away and I go about my work. And then, the next time I have to sign into SumoMe, it happens again.

This is 100% reproduce-able.

How can I make this stop happening? It's not a show-stopper but it's annoying. I have a feeling it has to do with what SumoMe is doing-- it must look funny to 1Password.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.3.1 (631006) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:prompt

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @christianboyce,

I'm sorry you're running into such an odd problem with 1Password!

Does this happen when signing into any other websites? Or does it only happen with signing into your own site with the SumoMe service? Is this something that just started happening recently, and it used to work correctly? Or has it always been a problem?

If you reboot your Mac and try again, does the same problem still happen? If so, what browser (and version of that browser) are you using? Have you tried the same thing in another browser to see if it makes a difference?

If possible, it would be great if you could take a screenshot of the message you see when this happens. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Thanks! :)

• christianboyce
    christianboyce
    Community Member

Believe it or not, the problem went away this morning. It COULD be that an update to SumoMe solved it. It was going on for months. I only saw it in the Safari browser-- did not test in other browsers. There have been multiple restarts-- problem remained. Safari was Version 9.1.1 (11601.6.17).

Something got better overnight. The fix was not anything I manually installed.

Screenshot attached.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the screenshot, @christianboyce! That's really very strange, I don't know exactly what that window is asking for because the name of the file seems to be cut off. And I'm not sure why it would be asking where that file is in the first place. I'm glad to hear it seems to have fixed itself though! Hopefully you're right that an update to SumoMe took care of it.

If for some reason it starts happening again, please let us know and we'll take a further look into it to see if there's anything we can do. Cheers! :)

• christianboyce
    christianboyce
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

Here it is again. I was on a web page. I used Command-\ to drop the menu of the 1Password Safari extension. I pointed to the login I was interested in, let the pop-out to the right show up, clicked the Copy button next to the password, and then pasted into the login box that was on the screen. The reason I was doing the copy-and-paste was I was creating a new account, with a different user name, but I wanted to use the same password. As soon as I pasted I got the box shown in the screenshot. Mac OS X 10.11.5, everything updated. Safari Extension 4.5.6.

• christianboyce
    christianboyce
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

Ignore this one-- I made a mistake uploading the screen shot previously but I figured it out.

• christianboyce
    christianboyce
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

I do have Google Drive and I have seen a slightly different box in that case. It says something about Finder Integration. I only see it at startup (which is when Google Drive is loading up). Like you, I just cancel it and it goes away and everything seems fine. This is the same sort of box but not the same message.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@christianboyce, that box is appearing because there is a reference to 1Password somewhere, but that reference is broken. You can see an example of this happening for a different user and a completely different app. It's not specific to 1Password:

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/108325/how-can-i-determine-what-application-is-asking-where-is-growlhelperapp-app

In his case it was an old Dashboard widget trying to find GrowlHelperApp.

The question is: what is trying (and failing) to open (what appears to be) the Mac App Store version of 1Password mini?

Do you now or have you ever had the version of 1Password from the Mac App Store installed? If you're not sure, open the Mac App Store app and look under "Purchased". Do you see 1Password there?

This discussion has been closed.