I keep getting "database backup failed" and I am using 1Password 6.3.1

johnov
johnov
Community Member

I keep getting the above message and the icon of the message is the icon for 1Password 3 - which I previously had. I did a search and did not find and 1P 3 breadcrumbs However, I noted in the forums that all those problems were relegated to the discussion of 1P 3. Not sure what to do.
John

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:database backup failed, kb:undefined, kb-search:database, kb:undefined, kb-search:database backup failed

Comments

• Hi @johnov ,

It sounds like it is still running on your computer. Open the Activity Monitor application (in /Applications/Utilities), and search for 1PasswordAgent. If you find it, quit that process and it should go away.

Then search for any old copies of 1Password on your computer and trash them.

Regards,
    Kevin

• johnov
    johnov
    Community Member

I did not find it running but i found 1PasswordAgent.app and I deleted it. I will let you know if I still get the message or not. If you never here from me again it will be because I never got that message again lol :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know about that, @johnov! Indeed, 1PasswordAgent.app is what was causing that error message, so deleting it should do the trick. If you'd like to be thorough, you can also delete a related plist file named ws.agile.1PasswordAgent.plist from the following location: ~/Library/LaunchAgents (I believe deleting just 1PasswordAgent.app is enough to solve the problem, though.)

Hopefully you're all set, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know - we're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.