Has 1Password solved the issues with ascension ?

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited July 2016 in Families

I was having some issues with the order of things. Items appearing on TOP in the MAC will appear on the bottom in 1Password for IOS or Windows and/or the reverse.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: I have to be honest: I'm not entirely clear which ordering you're talking about. Could you give an example? A screenshot would be great, but perhaps unnecessary (and potentially private). But I wonder if there's a particular setting/naming convention you're referring to that I'd be able to recreate on my end. Thanks in advance! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

It has been discussed before. I'll try to locate it. I mean ascending/descending sort order.

Basically, the sort order is reversed depending on the platform.

If I had 1. Google, 2. Google, Google, Google 2 , etc on iOS

In Windows it would look like Google, 1. Google, 2. Google etc. The order gets switched around and it gets frustrating.

There's a discussion here:
    Sort Order is Backwards/Wrong on Passwords - Numeric should list above Alphabetic, right?

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/62205/sort-order-is-backwards-wrong-on-passwords-numeric-should-list-above-alphabetic-right

It's what I want to do basically but cannot do it very well at this point.

I have a lot of logins that need differentiation.

The last post of the message from MikeT says:

Hi @bluezango,

This will change in the next major version of the Windows program as we'll use alphabetical first and then the numeric/symbols to align with all 1Password apps.

We'll make sure the extensions does the same.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Ah, thank you! That quote from Mike rings a bell. Indeed, in the past we've preferred to be more platform-y (for lack of a better term), but going forward we're working to improve consistency between platforms — which includes sorting. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

You're welcome @brenty!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Here's to better consistency! :chuffed: :+1:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi,

Is there a time frame of the sort issue to be resolved both in the new Windows App and in Families/Teams?

I am having difficulty finding my discussion that I started earlier that MikeT answered. This new discussion does answer my question.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Too late for amending the previous post. I've found it and it was Ben Woodruff, not MikeT, who answered the question.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/54075/inconsistent-login-order

Inconsistent Login order

I am certain that this issue has been reported previously but I cannot locate the earlier discussion.

I use 1Password for iOS and on other platforms and I have discovered that the login order vary with the platforms.

Thanks, @wkleem. As you know one of our long term goals is cross platform consistency, so hopefully this is something we can make uniform in a future update. :)

Ben

I suppose I will just have wait for the fixes in the meantime.

• Ben
    Options

Yep; I'm not aware of any specific plans for changing this in the short term, but as we've discussed the long term plan is more consistency including consistency in sorting / ordering. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.