Computer not found - trying to sync iMac and iphone

DoggyDan
DoggyDan
Community Member

WHen I try to sync between my iMac and iphone I get this message...
Computer not found.
I am on OSX El Capitan 10.11.5 and iOS 9.3.2
I think the problem may have been caused by the fact that I had an old iMac which used to sync with my iphone and then I got a new iMac 2 months ago and I wanted the phone to sync with the NEW iMac.
So we moved everything over using dropbox and I thought my phone was syncing with the new iMac however it appears not.
In fact I have checked on the old iMac which I still use for simple tasks but don't need 1Password to work on it and I think that the Wi-Fi Sync on this old iMac has been syncing with my iphone.
So I have now turned OFF syncing with the old 1Password but now my phone can't find my new iMac. Its on the same Wi-Fi network. It is running 1Password and the Wi-Fi sync option is enabled...
Any suggestions...Thanks Dan

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.7.90 Chrome
OS Version: OSX El Capitan 10.11.5
Sync Type: Wi-Fi

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DoggyDan: Good to see you again, Dan! I wish it were under better circumstances, of course... :(

It sounds like 1Password for iOS may still have the "secret" from the old Mac saved, in which case it will keep looking for it. Please go to 1Password Settings > Sync and turn off Wi-Fi Sync completely. That way you can setup Wi-Fi Sync again with the new Mac.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions! :)

• DoggyDan
    DoggyDan
    Community Member

Hi Brenty, great to see you again too :)
    Yep you're on the money man !!!! SORTED !!!
    Thanks so much... And if you ever need help with your dog or puppy just let me know!
    Have an awsome day...
    Best....Doggy Dan :)

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DoggyDan

First, your dogs are so cute, I love them! Second, on behalf of Brenty, you're very welcome! I'm glad that everything's up and running now! If you need help with anything else, we're always here for you! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.