In Windows 7 how do I login using my Web (family) login entries?

Options
axelag
axelag
Community Member
  • I have 1P for families, primary vault in Mac. I moved most of my entries to the Web vault; some other login entries remain local; I do not want to move them for security reasons.
  • I synched the local entries (not in the web) thru Dropbox. Works fine with Win7 and 1P Version 4.
  • In win7, I only have 1P V4 installed. I do not have the Beta 1P-V6.
  • I have the 1P helper installed in all browsers.
  • I login to my ".1password.com" using private key and master password.
  • When I want to login to a site and look up the possible hits, I only see the "local" entries, detected by 1P-V4.
    1) How can I see the Web "family" entries in the lookup in win 7? The only way to login is to copy the UserId and Password from the entry in the Web login and paste in the target login. Is this a known limitation in Win7?
    2) Will I be able to see all login entries (local and Web) in the lookup (like in Mac) when you guys release the final version of 1P-V6 for Win10 and Win7?
    Please help.
    Thx, AA

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@axelag: I'm sorry for the confusion! 1Password for Windows version 4 predates 1Password Families, so it cannot be used to access your data there or use it in the browser. Only 1Password 6 (on any platform) supports 1Password Families, so you'd need to install that to use it the way you describe:

1Password 6 beta (Windows)

You can use it now, or wait for the final release. Alternatively, you can access your 1Password Families account through 1Password.com in your browser, but the website cannot integrate with the extension. I hope this helps! :)

• axelag
    axelag
    Community Member
    Options

That helped, Thanks. Two questions remain, Can I use 1P V6 Beta with Win7? And, When is the (approximate) release date for V6?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@axelag,

Can I use 1P V6 Beta with Win7?

Yep. To get started using a family or team account with 1Password 6 beta for Windows, all you need is Windows 7, 8, or 10, and .NET 4.6.

When is the (approximate) release date for V6?

We don't normally pre-announce release dates as many factors (some beyond our control) affect them. But we are working over time to make it happen sooner than later. :)

This discussion has been closed.