1Password quits unexpectedly attempting to delete primary vault [bug on OS X 10.10, will be fixed]

Options
tjedwards
tjedwards
Community Member
edited September 2016 in Families

I'm in the process of migrating my 1P standalone to 1P family. I'm on Mac OS X 10.10.5. Following migration instructions from here (https://support.1password.com/teams-families-migrate/). I've used 1P since version 3 and have upgraded to 4, 5 and now 6. I'm now using v6.3.1 (downloaded and installed this morning). My old vault is stored on dropbox.

When I get to the step to delete the primary vault, I switch to my primary vault (my primary vault is the only vault other than "All Vaults" that is not in 1P family) and then select 1Password => Delete Vault... At this point 1P quits unexpectedly and prompts me to send a report to Apple.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.7
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1password quits unexpectedly when attempting to delete primary vault

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tjedwards

I'm glad to hear that you've been using and enjoying 1Password for so long and that you are now using Families, I think you'll really enjoy it!

I'm sorry to hear that 1Password is crashing for you! If you wan to delete Primary vault and use only Vaults in your account, you need to do something a bit different than what you've been doing. Go to Preferences in 1Password and then go to Advanced. Disable the last option: "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts". This should take care of it!

Please let us know if you try this and if everything goes well for you :chuffed:

• tjedwards
    tjedwards
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately, As soon as I uncheck "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts" the application crashes again. When I go back in, the checkbox is still checked. Any advice?

• Ben
    Options

That is indeed strange, @tjedwards. Another way to accomplish this is to start over with 1Password for Mac, and then sign into your 1Password account(s).

https://support.1password.com/starting-over/

I hope that helps!

Ben

• canalnoises
    canalnoises
    Community Member
    Options

I just had the exact same problem that @tjedwards reported. The only difference was that I'm coming directly from 1Password 3 to 1Password for Families. I also had my old vault stored on Dropbox and am running Mac OS X 10.10.5. Before finding this thread I also tried to disable "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts," and 1Password crashed again. I did, however, try @Ben's suggestion to start over with 1Password for Mac, and it's working fine for me now.

Please look into this bug, though, as it sounds like it's not isolated. I like 1Password enough to work to find a solution to the problem, but I can imagine a less loyal user just giving up when running into such a major issue.

Thanks for all the work you guys do!

• Jacob
    edited July 2016
    Options

@canalnoises Thanks for letting us know! I would be happy to track this down — it happened to my dad as well so I know it's not isolated. Did you submit the crash report when this happened? You can submit one if you want to try doing the same thing again. Also, could you please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac? That will give us a lot more info about what's happening.

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once you send the email, post back here with the BitBot confirmation number you receive a few minutes after sending. That will help us connect the dots. :)

ref: OPM-4258

• Jacob
    Options

@tjedwards Could you also send us the crash logs if this is still happening to you, and a Diagnostics Report as I mentioned in my last comment? That would be greatly appreciated! :)

• guswhite
    guswhite
    Community Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

I also have the exact same problem as @tjedwards. Mac OSX 10.10.5, using 1password since 1Password 3, upgraded through the versions as they have been released to the current version 6.3.2. Vault has been stored in Dropbox.

1Password crashes when I try to delete the primary vault.

Diagnostics report submitted as per @Jacob instructions above. BitBot confirmation number = [#ARI-94515-636]

Also worth mentioning that the although the problem is reproducible on my 10.10.5 Mac the same issue did not occur on my 10.11.5 Mac.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2016
    Options

Hi @guswhite

Thank you for sending your Diagnostics Report, someone will be in touch with you over email soon. We'll continue the conversation over there :chuffed:

ref: ARI-94515-636, OPM-4309

This discussion has been closed.