I had to restore from a backup for 1password 6. Why does backup say 1Password4?

1pplytdy
1pplytdy
Community Member

When 1password on a loaner mac was installed it did not recognize my backups. Also with a manual search I found in the icloud was 1password4.I thought it was an old backup so I deleted the backup in the cloud and spent the morning reading on how to backup my iPad 1password6, then brought it to the loaner mac I am using. When I checked on the backup the date to make sure it actually did backup, it is current for today's date but again says 1password4. How do I change this so that I don't think it's the old version and the hassle of what I did today when I get my new mac?
Thanks

1Password Version: 1password6
Extension Version: beta 8
OS Version: OS 10.10.5
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:backup still says 1password4

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @1pplytdy,

My apologies for the inconvenience! When you're looking at your backups, please consider the date and time that the backup was made, and don't worry too much about the file name. It's not possible to change the name at this time, but our team is aware that this is causing some confusion and we're looking into ways to make this more clear in a future version.

• 1pplytdy
    1pplytdy
    Community Member

Thank you. I hope this helps someone else in the future. I was fortunate enough to have it on my iPad. No one wants to inadvertantly dump all the work put into maintaining 1Password with the wrong back up. Yes, correcting that would be a good thing.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @1pplytdy,

I am glad to hear that you were able to sort things out, but I agree, it can be a bit confusing.

Unfortunately, apparently changing this file name isn’t quite as easy as it might seem like it should be. That being said, we’ll do what we can to resolve this. :)

This discussion has been closed.